November Solution Spotlight: End User Support & Security With IGEL & Forthright
Are you worried about your end-users who are working from home? While necessary for many businesses at this time, the remote work model can be difficult to support and secure, as we discussed in our November Solution Spotlight webinar featuring IGEL.
Are you worried about your end-users’ remote cybersecurity? You should be.
36% of organizations have dealt with a security incident due to an unsecured remote worker.
This is what our team and guests from IGEL discussed in our November Solution Spotlight webinar. Check out the full recording to discover how to simplify your end-user management and support processes with IGEL:
The Problem: Securing And Supporting End Users That Work From Home
When the COVID-19 pandemic hit, it hit fast. Despite what, in retrospect, may have seemed like a gradual build-up, it was virtually over the course of a single weekend in March that businesses across the US had to pivot to a remote work model.
Obviously, the priority was maintaining business continuity. You needed to make sure your newly-remote workers had the technology and secure access necessary to do their work.
But the process doesn’t end there — security is a complicated undertaking for remote work models and requires ongoing attention. Continuing with a remote work model, whether entirely or in part, will require:
- Enhancing security measures
- Providing the right hardware for users working permanently from home
- Implementing more permanent file-sharing and collaboration tools
It’s for all these reasons that the Forthright team recommends IGEL’s solutions.
Who Is IGEL?
IGEL offers a next-generation operating system designed specifically for cloud services. Instead of using a platform developed from a pre-cloud ancestor, with IGEL, you and your end-users work from a solution built from the ground up with the cloud in mind.
Features of IGEL:
- Accessible Through Your Preferred Devices And Solutions: No matter where your end users are working from, using IGEL, they can access their work desktops from any device and through any cloud service — Citrix, VMware, Microsoft, AWS, etc.
- Simple Management: IGEL gives you the capability to directly manage and support up to tens of thousands of end-users from a single management console.
- Better Use Of Your Resources: By utilizing a thin, purpose-built operating system like IGEL, you can extend the life of your hardware by 3-5 years, eliminating the expense of having to replace them more frequently. The average IGEL customer saves 72% per month by extending the life of their devices.
- Robust Security: IGEL was designed to deliver an undeniably, secure experience. As a read-only operating system, IGEL offers a much smaller attack surface than other OS systems.
If you plan to continue with remote work in one way or another, you may need to change how you manage it for end-users. With the right tools (like those offered by IGEL), you and your users can:
- Access files, applications, and systems from a remote setting
- Collaborate with colleagues, partners, and customers via video conferencing solutions
- Stay secure against the increased rate of phishing attacks related to the pandemic.
IGEL Will Help You Develop A Secure And Seamless Remote End-User Experience
If you want to discover what IGEL will do for you, here’s how to get started:
- Contact the Forthright Technology Partners team and arrange a meeting at a time that works for you.
- Show us your current end-user management and support processes.
- Let us explain how IGEL will streamline your management, security, and support processes for end-users working from home.